Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bubbly Berries and Grapefruit

2 red grapefruits, halved, seeded, and sectioned
1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and halved or quartered
1 (25 oz.) bottle sparkling cider
fresh mint sprigs for garnish

1. Alternately spoon the grapefruit sections and the sliced strawberries into 6 goblet glasses until you have enough fruit in each to make a nice serving.
2. Slowly pour enough sparkling cider over the fruit to almost cover it. Add a sprig of mint to each goblet, and your treat is ready to eat! Makes 6 servings.

  • for best results, chill all ingredients.
  • of course for dinner group I just mixed the fruit and had them pour the cider over it themselves.
  • I love this recipe, because my kids don't usually eat grapefruit without a TON of sugar, and even then, not often. And I'm not a fruit eater myself, but this is really yummy! simple, I know, but a tasty, refreshing side to a breakfast casserole!

2 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

Get OUt! I am all over this! Yummmm!

Care said...

This was so fun!! It added a little zip to our dinner. Felt real fancy. I was amazed how much I liked it. This is a definite repeat, Beck!