Wednesday, November 12, 2008

tomato artichoke soup

4 tbsp. butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 t. dried thyme
1 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes with juice
4 c. chicken broth
2 15 oz. cans white beans (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. sour cream

In large saucepan, heat butter and saute the onion for 5 min. Add garlic and thyme, saute 1 min. more. Add remaining ingredients except sour cream. Cover, simmer for 30 min. Add sour cream. (Extra broth may be added if juices cook out.)

*Sue and Steph both got full batches, I split one between Carrie and Jodi. Let me know if you guys got enough!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

This soup was soooooo yummy!!! We loved it!! And we had plenty, I think that pan holds more than it looks!!

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

We ate everything! Thanks for the recipe. I have bottled tomatoes from last fall that I don't know what to do with... this will be a quick easy meal for us - provided I keep artichokes on hand :) It was so good. We like trying new things and this one was a hit. THANKS - We loved the muffins & cookies too.

Care said...

This is even better than your turkeyloaf. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this. We had enough, but next time I wouldn't mind a little more for lunch! THanks Beck - SO GOOD

Care said...

I would really like some right now